Setelah mengetahui tentang penggunaan present continuous, selanjutnya kita akan mencoba menggunakannya dalam kalimat. Adapun kalimat - kalimat yang menggunakan pola present continuous sebagai berikut :
- You’re working hard today. Yes I have a lot to do.
- I’m looking for Nurul. Do you know where she is?
- It’s getting dark. Shall I turn on the light?
- They don’t have anywhere to live at the moment. They ‘re staying with friends until they find somewhere.
- Things are not so good at work. The company’s losing money.
- Have you got an umbrella ? It’s starting to rain.
- You’re making a lot of noise. Can You be quieter ? I’m trying to concentrate.
- Why are all these people here ? What’s happening?
Kata-kata yang dicetak miring menunjukkan pola present continuous.
Menggunakan kata kerja (Verb) termasuk menggunakan bentuk negatif.
- Please don’t make so much noise. I’m trying to work.
- You can turn off the radio. I’m not listening to it.
- Kate phoned me last night. She’s on holiday in France. She’s having a great time and doesn’t want to come back.
- I want to lose weight, so this week I’m not eating lunch.
- Andrew has just started evening class. He’s learning German.
- Paul and Sally have had an argument. They’re speaking to each other.
- I’m getting tired. I need a rest.
- Tom isn’t working this week. He’s on holiday.
- The population of the world is increasing very fast.
- The world is changing. Things never stay the same.
- The situation is already bad and it’s getting worse.
- The cost of living is rising. Every year things are more expensive.
- The weather is beginning to improve. The rain has stopped, and the wind isn’t as strong.